The title for this post was a thought I had before beginning my usual morning journaling today. And 7 hours later I find it still quite fitting for all that I am about to share.
This year has been full of so many wonderful opportunities to help both people and animals. A few of my favorite adventures and success have been:
- Successfully starting a viral social media campaign to ultimately save Bramble the German shepherd from euthanasia. (Who is now going to be an official K9 officer in Wyoming!)
- Raising over 5K for UAnimals, being featured on Fox 11 News for my Sweat to Protect Ukraine animal campaign, and getting to have a moving interview with the founder.
- Working on the Beagle Dream Team and creating documentary videos for the nation’s largest animal rescue mission of 4,000 beagles from an Envigo breeding facility.
- Working to create 3 brand new website pages for Priceless Pets Claremont, Chino Hills, and Costa Mesa shelter locations.
- Learning how to be a diabetic cat mom.
- And successfully completing a Spring (and half of a Fall) semester of teaching at two amazing universities.
There have been a lot of really great opportunities in between each of these, but I find myself at a point where it is time to see about growing the same passion, initiative, and ideas I have into an official consulting business. Nothing brings me more joy than connecting with other like-minded individuals, helping animals to live full and safe lives, and using my creativity and connections to make really cool things happen.
I am excited that God has put on my heart the desire to expand WSYC efforts and my reach all with the goal of assisting nonprofits and passionate small businesses in reaching their own. Because I truly believe we all are given unique strengths and gifts that when combined together – have even more power to create change, make an impact, and save lives than on their own.
So, I want to thank each of you who have followed me on this WSYC journey from the start. WSYC has been such a huge part of who I am since it was just an idea a young Brittnei had in 2015 while finishing graduate school. Seven years later, I am excited to finally allow the same WSYC efforts to potentially grow into more than just a few volunteer opportunities each year.
How can you help? Firstly, please check out the new and improved site for your own pleasure! So many changes and updates have been made. Secondly, if you know of any animal nonprofits who might be able to benefit from any of the services shared, please share this website with them. Thirdly, please make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven’t already. While I am not able to write as often as I would like – I do try to share videos and updates when possible on YouTube. (There have been a lot uploaded over the past months!)
Additionally, I have decided to start a Monday Message series on my YouTube page where I share a little encouragement, faith, and perspective for anyone interested in listening. Make sure to subscribe to the YouTube page for these to be sent right to your inbox every Monday morning!
So, while this is an exciting new beginning for WSYC, I am still wearing the same shoes to make it happen. They have just become a lot more durable and wise over the past 7 years.
Thank you for reading, for sharing this site, and for believing in the difference you can make in this world.
For all the paws,